April 20, 2009

i love THOU

THOU. Better known as The Land of Unemployed. THOU is found somewhere between Narnia, Middle Earth and Oz. I've been living in THOU for the past...33 days and it's been 95% bliss. I have 6 more days here until I start a big person job so here is a photographic homage to THOU, the Land of the Freeloaders and Home of the Save(ing of money).

Feel free to crane your neck 90 degrees for this and the one below. Last Thursday my old man and I picked up some Potzke's Balls 'o' Fire, PowerBait, Spicy Spitz seeds and headed for Hebo Lake. Naturally, we turned the day into a competition that ended in a tie. Dad was the quickfire champ and I was the sure-shot accuracy queen but we both maxed out at 5 so I call it even.

We came, we slayed, we conquered.


Twice during my time in Dallas this week I forced mom to get off the couch and onto our hogs (a.k.a. bicycles). Life doesn't get much better than being on your granny bike with the wind in your hair, chasing three 12 year old skaters down the side streets of town. Look closely, this shot is of the best intersection in town...the corner of Washington and Oregon streets - the two best states in the union.

Virtually untested until now, granny bikes in fact DO have the capability to hit up a field of pot holes and round up some cattle. Me and ole' rickety showed this beef who's boss. That's what's up cow.

Me and my weapon of mass destruction have gone many miles together. This bike is the most faithful friend a girl could ask for. It never tells where we've been, always gets me where I need to go and pedals to the metal like none otha. With my feet of fury, we can go anywhere.

I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my biiiiike!


Gotta make grandma work for her dinner, you know what I mean. 

I even met my old friends Ella and Norah in THOU for a wonderful half-day of sidwalk chalk, neighborhood walks, Sound of Music singing, eating and dollhouse play. Love my girls. 

after zooming down clay street hill you can just make out my mom back there eating my duuuuuuuust-ah.

whoa matie. who said you could take a break?


1 comment: