April 7, 2011

can't fool me

Not sure if anyone’s noticed but somehow (somehow!) the fanny pack is making a comeback. Unfortunately it’s not returning in its original form (see below). If it were, I’d be pleased as punch. In its heyday, this practical, edgy extra could be worn on any of the waist's 360 degrees and hold a plethora of handy items like your Walkman, stick-on earrings, pogs/slammers, Baby Popple, bubble gum cigarettes, Lisa Frank pencils and much, much more.


Clearly those in the upper echelons of fashion have sanctioned the reintroduction of the fanny pack, instructing their trendsetting factotums to sell it to the masses masquerading as something chic and voguish. When I first encountered a modern day FP in the new Anthropologie catalog, I chalked it up as a fashion fluke. Yet in a span of 9 days, I have logged far too many of these horrendous sightings and want to make it clear to the fashion world: You can’t fool me. I know these alleged “utility pouches”, “Lilliputian pouch belts” and “pocket belts” are really fanny packs in disguise. Please stop desecrating the greatest utilitarian accessory of the 80’s and remarketing it as a hip, must-have trapping.



via via


via

via

No comments:

Post a Comment