Calling all dreamers: the quarterly To-Do
Back in May I was in dire need of some inspiration and aspirations. With life about as fulfilling as an issue of Us Weekly, I seriously believed I was in danger of losing my potential. After some mental percolation and heavy encouragement from my nearest and dearest, I decided to set some goals and actually accomplish them. And so a shiny new tradition of making seasonal to-do lists was born. I'm not a resolutions kind of girl and also believe that many goals tend to become weaker in the sharing. So I kept them on my fridge and near to my heart and...summer was a success! I got that new job, read those books and potty trained that wicked furball. I loved checking things off the list and savored the knowledge that I was making moves. Since the summer list fared so well, I figured I'd keep the ball rolling and make one for fall. I love hate to toot my own horn but...that fall list...NAILED it. In a big way. "Read 5 books" turned out to be 13. "Apply to nursing school" turned into applying to five (with more to come). "Go to the AF vs. Army game" turned into a weekend with my two best friends and meeting Cuba Gooding Jr. And on it went.
Interestingly enough, the few items I didn't get to were ones I really wasn't feeling to begin with. I have no desire to go to the Seattle Art Museum yet but felt like it sounded more cultured than "Develop a Prosecco habit" (CHECK!). And at this point, that trip to the Olympic peninsula will have to wait until the sun deigns to show it's face again (around July 2012). On tonight's mental note: make my Winter List and dream BIG. And I mean get-into-multiple-RN-schools-fly-to-Georgia-see-Brad-Paisley-get-famous big. Well, maybe not the get famous part. That might take some time. I mean, Justin Beiber wasn't built in a day.
Suggestions are welcome as are fellow friends willing to do the same - dream a little dream, make it happen and watch it grow into something far greater than you ever imagined.
No comments:
Post a Comment