Saturday morning I slept in and headed for a day in San Antonio (2.5 hours away) BY MYSELF. Since all of the boys are restricted (as in can't leave del rio for an indefinite period of time) I decided to take on the big city alone and get my errands run, visit Ryan in the hospital and see Brad Root who's in town on business. Matt lent me his GPS to toodle around SA and it definitely is possessed by the Devil himself. That piece of JUNK took me to two non-existent lots masquerading at Targets before I got to a REAL Tar-jhay...in the sketchiest neighborhood ever. As I walked in, I was just praying my car would be in one piece and the same place as I left it when I came back out. It was so nice to just dink around the store without any pesky boys around. I picked up some necessary odds and ends, was struck by Halloween inspiration for what to dress up as this year (how CAN you beat the amish teacher and biggest loser competitor that i was last year?!) and bolted out of that beat store before I got shanked by a checker or something. Satan GPS then took me the longest way possible to Brooke Army Medical Center to see Ryan. He is looking awesome for just having his leg amputated. We had a decent sized group there to visit and play games. I couldn't stay long until I was off to downtown to see new daddy of 3, Brad Root! B. Root has been my Seattle dad/protector for the past two years and it was so, so great to see him. We did the RiverWalk (one of SA's claims to fame) and had an incredible dinner right on the SA River @ Hard Rock Cafe. From there I jetted to Nordstrom & Anthro for a blazing quick run through and ended up getting a sweet dress @ Anthro (see pictcha) and shirt for the boy at Nordy's. As I exited Nordstrom, I searched high and low for my 4Runner with no luck. It was completely gone. I had taken a mental picture when I parked of which cars I was parked by and where. As I wandered the lot, I saw the light pole and car I'd parked near but mine was no where to be found. Instant panic set in as I realized I was:
a) Completely alone in SA
b) Wandering a parking lot in the pitch black
c) Had no wheels
My brilliant first move was to call my dad and cry. Then I sat in the lot and cried some more. Then I pulled myself together and took one last walk around before I called the po-po. Then I realized....I walked into Nordy's by the Mac counter and walked out by the Rail department. Hmmm...turning 90 degrees there was my car in the identical parking lots just 400 meters away (: I didn't start feeling like an idiot until I got back to Del Rio, it was too scary to laugh about just then. I called dad back to let him know and he'd already practically called in the National Guard to get me. Eeesh, that guy can mobilize people from across the country. Made in back on the road and Devil GPS took me, once again, through the SA GHETTTTTTO to get back on 90 to go home. This back road had NO street lights, a hellofalot of rampant deer and road raging Mexicans like you wouldn't believe. Finally made it back on the highway at 9.15 pm to start my 2.5 hour drive back to the Dirty D. En route, one of my headlights burned out so I got to be that doucher that drives with their brights on (: Deer were trotting around like the highway was their personal playground but I made it back to Del Rio by 11.45. 2 blocks from home, I got the pleasure of getting pulled over. Lovely.
Officer: "Ma'am do you know you have a headlight out?"
Me: (Do I say yes or no?) "Yeah, it went out on my drive home from SA"
Officer: "Well, I'm going to have to give you a warning."
Me: "Okay thanks, bye!"
Officer: "No ma'am it's going to be written and filed"
Ugh. Seriously, what am I supposed to do about a burned out light COMING HOME FROM SAN ANTONIO. What a dummy. Finally made it home, fell into bed and tried to forget all about Death Day in San Antonio. Sunday was just spent being lazy, cleaning my room and laying at the pool with Ciacci and Devin for 2.5 hours. Yesssss. It's hit winter temperatures of mid-80s now (ha, ha) and it's going to stay that way until February. Hallelujah. So pool time was awesome. Made it to the grocery store, played with the dogs, watched The Office and dinked around until bed time.
What a weekend ): On a high note, Matt's flying partner Paul got engaged to Erin, another pilot (who shall not be named until he actually does the deed) is proposing THIS COMING WEEKEND! and there are a few more coming down the pike. Wedding bells are ringing!
Hope y'all had a crazy weekend in the best possible way (: Anybody make it to Where the Wild Things Are?

cute dress!! :)
ReplyDelete