Hands down, the best song on Florence+The Machine's October release, Ceremonials, is "Shake It Out". Who else can make playing with ghouls, shaking the devil off your back and burying horses of regret sound so enticing? As I'm osmosing her genius, I try not to dwell on the fact that Flo is the same age as me and has progressed a bit further than the 9-5 desk job. Rather, I get lost in her verve, solid gold pipes and inimitable way with words.
After finding the acoustic version of this song, I'm growing to like it more than the original. Something about hearing every line stripped bare and unadorned seems to drive her words closer to home.
Watch her acoustic version for AOL Sessions below or click here to view my favorite version on Vimeo. If you still haven't gotten your hands on this album, leave me a comment or FB me your e-mail and I'll Dropbox it to you in a hot minute.
Awesome. It is crazy how some people's voices alone can be so amazing. This following vid is of Brandon Boyd's channel taken from a concert: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5HLzkCZ5yY
Awesome. It is crazy how some people's voices alone can be so amazing. This following vid is of Brandon Boyd's channel taken from a concert: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5HLzkCZ5yY
ReplyDelete