August 24, 2009

Weekend Misadventures

Hola mis amigos. ¡Mi español está saliendo bastante bien! It’s one thing to speak Spanish to other white people at your white Seattle university, but I get all tongue-tied when trying to flex my Español at work. My co-worker Beverly is hooking me up with mini lessons so I’m working on it. Anywho…here goes Week 8 in the Dirty D. The weekend kicked off with early release from prison, er, work at 3.15 to lay on my couch watch season two of The Office. By the end of this week, I’ll have completed my annual summer tradition of watching all previous seasons of The Office before purchasing the newest release and watching the Season Premiere. The four-day drive to TX knocked out Seasons 1, 3 and 4. I even managed to catch an episode this morning while curling my hair. Schwing. Once Matt got home we hit da pool, soaked up some rays and grabbed Rem for a 7 p.m. showing of Inglourious Basterds. Great movie. Little slow at parts but it was pretty decent. There were a couple parts where I sat with my hands over my eyes while the boys laughed at me (prepare yourself for blood, guts and human scalping) but it was all-in-all a good flick. I honestly wouldn’t be that bothered if it sucked, because movies here only cost $5.50 on the weekends (:

Once we dropped off Rem back at Stonegate, Matt and I landed at TB’s for a beer, chatted with Vic, the air traffic controller, and were off to the White Horse for the post-drop partaaaaay. Since I’d made a strong showing there the night before, I achieved first name basis with both the bartenders, resulting in a free drink! While waiting for said drink, I missed my glorious chance to fight someone (I always want to get in a fight when I drink…just to feel what it’s like to punch somebody) who was calling my main man Jake a faggot. Lame. His name is Riley Something-Or-Other so if you see him, shun him. You know, like the ancient Amish technique. From there we piled in Devin’s truck and were off to Diamond Lil’s for dancing, drinks and smelly hair. I forget every time that you can SMOKE in bars in Texas and I think I’m getting the black lung. We turned in around 1 a.m. and woke the next morning for a Chinto’s run with Sarah. After that, Matt and I stopped to shop for grills at Home Depot with Shadow in tow and lounge around at home. Rem, Jake and Matt joined me at the pool for a couple hours where I beat Rem in water wrestling. After getting our sun on, we napped, I made the boys turkey burgers and split up for another trip to the movies. Rem and I saw The Goods (stupid and yet, so hilarious) while Matt and Jake saw District 9 (boo) next door. After that, Rem, Matt and I headed to Diamond Lil’s with Chris, Cerri and Mike for boozin’ and pool.

We woke Sunday morning to go shooting by the lake with Scott and Mike. Between the four of us we had something like ten or eleven guns and did work on watermelons, clay pigeons, beer bottles, targets, tomatoes and a TV. Great pictures to come. Highlight of the morning was definitely when Rem taught me to throw clays and I hucked one right into Scott’s HEAD AND SHATTERED THE HELL OUT OF IT. I felt like crap. But it was funny (: We went home, made lunch and I set to cleaning my pig sty room for the week while Matt studied and Rem slayed troops in Call of Duty. We then went out to dinner at Mr. Gattis (eerily like Izzy's back at home) with Stef & JP and rallied the gang for a few rounds of COD before bed. Once I got home, I snagged a couple more episodes of The Office, plucked my eyebrows (haaaaaaate) since the only time I got them waxed here she peeled off skin, and chatted with a friend from Seattle…my first phone conversation with a Seattle-ite, other than Spencer, the whole time I’ve been here. Sad.

I promise, pictures will come this week of all the latest misadventures. Hang tight. Adios amigos.

No comments:

Post a Comment