August 16, 2011

pretty broken things

I will never forget how I met Katie Costello, the firecracker songstress behind Pretty Broken Things. It was a dark and stormy night...well, not really. But it was a dark night at the Sunset Tavern for a Hot Bodies in Motion show. I complimented Katie on her vintage watch (Timex? Casio? Something superrrr fly) and she proceeded to leave the table by crawling underneath it. Why? So she could snag a front row spot to dance her pretty little bum off during the show. I'm now nearly certain Katie Costello is the real author of "Whip My Hair" because that is literally all she did for nearly an hour. The sweat was dripping, limbs were flailing and it was basically girl crush at first encounter. Me being the shy ballsy one I am, I ran into her front row of Allen Stone and said, "Hey!!! You're the sweaty girl from Sunset with the voice like an angel!!!" and a friendship was born.

She puts the "pretty" in Pretty Broken Things
(Photo by John Vicory)

Now that I have YOU falling for Katie Costello, you need to get to know Pretty Broken Things. You need to know them and like them (via FB) and spread that symphonic goodness. Because it's good for your ears and especially your soul. When Katie informed this this morning that their first release was up on FB, I quite literally squealed out loud. Our Story is heartwrenching in the best way possible. The vocals, the harmonies, the strings...they transport you and just make your heart feel full. And the only thing that could possibly top a single release is an upcoming show! Gasp! It's this Friday at Interbay's own, Q cafe. Come at 8, bring $8 and continue to live your life with no regrets.



























listen here

like here

show your face here

and spread the LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment