But dreams coming true are kind of scary, are they not? They portend large doses of change and generally involve leaving comfort zones behind, new experiences and the unknown.
Initially when I got accepted I kept thinking, "Omaha...ughhhhh". My prayers were riddled with, "Please let me get in somewhere else". Yet now that I've had some time to stew on it I have to say, the Big O is growing on me. Maybe that's due to all the Omaha research I've been doing but perhaps it's also The Big Guy's way of preparing me for a move to the Cornhusker state (I do look good in red).
I accepted Creighton's offer with the knowledge that IF I get in elsewhere, I can forfeit my deposit and accept another school. But as I wait to hear back from three more schools (any day now!), I keep feeling more and more assured that Omaha is where I'm supposed to go. My tune may change if I get into Portland or Charleston (both closer to my nearest and dearest) but I'm really preparing my heart to be 100% okay if I get three rejection letters in the coming months.
Fun fact: What about New Orleans? I also applied to LSU but neglected to mention it so far in this post. Well, CNN recently came out with a cute little feature on how the Big Easy is also known as the most murderous city in the nation. 1 in every 1,700 people gets murdered in NOLA and I'll be damned if I'm one of them so I'm completely fine with a rejection from LSU.
No comments:
Post a Comment