If NW truly is best (and it is), then the same must be true of our artists. Enter: Mat Kearney. He's an Oregon man and his music is near and dear to my heart. Over time it's gotten a bit more mainstream and Michael Franti-esque but I can't deny that his ear snacks are catchy as hell. I've had the album two weeks and I wake, drive, walk and fall asleep singing Mat's songs. His latest album "Hey Mama" hit the ground running as has his tour which hits Showbox at the Market on February 16th!
Here's a viddy of Mat performing my favorite song so far on his album, "Count on Me" at The Cannery in Nashville. Clever lyrics if you listen close. Buy your tickets here for his Seattle show and leave a comment with your email address if you want the album via Dropbox.
No comments:
Post a Comment