The Winners
The Bachelor - Jury's still out on if I'll be a devoted follower during Ben Flajnik's season. Personally, I think the guy looks like the Geico caveman and is as socially adept as a homeschooler but the girls this season are already proving to die for. Monday's opener gave us tears, grannies, horses and cattiness that rivals my junior high home room. Ben, if you're reading this, CUT YOUR HAIR.
New Girl - Um hello best comedy of the YEARRRRR. Episodes one and two didn't hook me and I got super sad that my girl Zooey Deschanel was going to have a cancelled show marring her sterling "America's indie sweetheart" reputation. Praise Jeezus New Girl took a turn for the best. Now I, along with every other viewer in the country, can't wait until her and Nick inevitably date. And seriously...how perfect is Schmitt?
Glee - I've been pretty disappointed with Glee this season (it's 3rd) up until the last couple of episodes. Blah songs, insipid plots and no real direction. Thank goodness things are looking up. There have been some money musical numbers lately and I'm digging the previews for Will's upcoming proposal to OCD Emma.
Parenthood - No other show on television has the ability to make me laugh, cry and question my own existence like Parenthood. They've culled a phenom cast that, in the span of an hour, makes you believe they're a true blue family and wish you were one of the Braverman clan. Tonight, Hulu and I have a date to watch last night's episode which, by the looks of the previews, won't disappoint.
Modern Family - I hated this show it's entire first season. It just wasn't funny to me. I don't know what kind of magic is up ABC's sleeve but it's done a 180 and I haven't missed an episode since.
Pan Am - Um, how could I forget Pan Am? I've got to give big ups to my childhood bestie Macey for reminding me of my glaring omission. I'm a fan. This show seriously makes me want to wear a hatpin, powder my nose and fly the world sleeping with spies and serving Moscow Mules at 35,000 feet. It's pretty brilliant and I love that Pan Am started off strong, unlike most fledgling shows out there. And props to ABC for slightly muting my utter distaste for Christina Ricci.
The Losers
The Office - I just can't watch this anymore. Michael Scott made that show and it's not the same without him. I can't even bring myself to purchase last season to round out my collection (Gasp!)
Lie To Me - Can anyone tell me why this was cancelled? Best crime-related show I've ever seen. So sad that Fox nixed it for good.
Weeds - Eesh. I should have known a series on a weed-dealing widow trying to support her family and the neighborhood drug habit couldn't last. Each season has gotten progressively darker and less cohesive, making it a show I can now do without. The final straw? Watching her do the butt dirty with childhood dreamboat Zach Powers in a roadside dive bar. HBO can eff with every other 90's show EXCEPT my Saved By The Bell!






1. so glad you're back to blogging.
ReplyDelete2. we're tv-watching twinsies! i love all those shows too! have you seen breaking bad? it's similar to weeds, but way better... (aka no nancy botwin). anyways, completely agree on all your summaries. excellent work :)
and OMG i've seen joel from parenthood a couple times in a nearby coffee shop... and i so badly want to tell him i'm obsessed with his show.. maybe next time...
Girl i am with you on The Bachelor, The New Girl, Glee, and Parenthood! Parenthood is the new Brothers and Sisters:)
ReplyDeleteThe office and weeds i am so far behind on. like seasons behind!
B
Kate - TALK TO HIM. Better yet, KISS HIM. Seriously. He's a fox. I've heard good things about Breaking Bad...worth it?
ReplyDeleteBrandi - Don't bother catching up on The Office & Weeds. Seriously, lamesiessssss.
haha... YES! he IS a fox. and I think breaking bad is amazing. the first 3 seasons are streaming on netflix!
ReplyDeleteMust say I agree with your commentary! Ben could possibly be the most boring Bachelor to date and I am so glad Glee is finally getting good again. The first half of the season was such a snoozer. You need to get hooked on Revenge! It's amazeballs. Oh ya, the Office sucks without Michael Scott!
ReplyDelete