March 2, 2012

Weekend Plans?

If you don't have weekend plans yet, might I suggest falling in love with Friday Night Lights?


via
After hearing about the now off-the-air show from tons of people over the years, I started watching 3 weeks ago and was instantly hooked. And by hooked I mean, I watched all 5 seasons in less than 2 weeks. Don't judge me. I have a very cuddly dog and lots of free time. Hands down, this is the best show I've ever seen and (major plus) it's got all my favorite things: 


Texas, football and hot men (see below). 


via


It's honest, thought-provoking and truly authentic. Throughout the show I kept thinking, "They DO do that exact thing in Texas! They DO say that in Texas!" It wasn't a Hollywood interpretation of Texas. It was filmed in Austin and every show is true, blue Texan to the core. Each episode was like a time warp back to my year in Del Rio and made me fall further in love with the Great Lone Star State. Best of all, the relationship showcased between Coach and Tami Taylor is probably television's healthiest marriage of all time. 


via
Do yourself a favor and start watching. Mayyyyybe not the entire series in 13 days, but start watching and see if you don't get head-over-heels hooked. The entire series is on Netflix, which is a one month free trial. Do it!


Texas FOREVER.

4 comments:

  1. back in 2007, Mike, my sister and brother in law and I watched the entire first season over Christmas break and chose to do it over hanging out with family/friends/going out! ha. fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that show and TIM FREAKING RIGGINS. I even had a romantical HOT dream about him. I woke up and told Jacob. it was beautiful not sleazy I told him. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys...I DREAM in FNL. They're my actual friends. And I get teary every day realizing that it's overrrrr.

    ReplyDelete